Only 9 more weeks (give or take) to go!
I had a doctor appointment earlier this week and little Peanut is doing great. Heart rate is 151 bpm and my belly was measuring exactly at 30 weeks. The baby movements have been a bit different lately...more pushing and stretching instead of the acrobatic tumbles, kicks, and punches that I was feeling before. I've been told this is because the baby is getting bigger and can't move around as freely. Peanut is about the size of a squash (average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs) and is practicing using all 5 senses. There have been many hiccuping episodes lately, which are caused by swallowing amniotic fluid (not air like with our hiccups). Peanut can also open his/her eyes, perceive light, and can apparently recognize the sound of my voice! So cool!
And my food cravings have become very strange. For most of the pregnancy I was craving pickles (totally cliché , I know) and extra-sharp white cheddar cheese. But all of a sudden I now crave grapefruit (weird) and Cherry Pepsi! So I've been trying to only have a small glass of pop when I have my carbonated sugar water cravings since I know caffeine isn't great. The one craving that hasn't changed throughout my pregnancy has been chocolate milk...I have one BIG glass around 9pm every night! Love it!



I craved Pepsi all the time, had a little too - made baby Cole go wild in the womb... :)
ReplyDeleteOh good! Now I don't feel so guilty since you had such a cute and healthy boy. These cravings are crazy!
ReplyDeleteAnd it looked like you had a blast in Vegas. So fun to celebrate Suzy Booby!!!