April 21, 2010

Week 38


Oh my goodness I can't believe I'm full term! I am definitely feeling like my body is preparing for labor. I'm having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions and I think the baby has dropped. I have a lot more pressure on my pelvis and my stomach even looks a bit different.
I had an ultrasound at the end of last week and the baby is in perfect position (head down and facing my spine)! Peanut was weighing in at 6 lbs 12 oz. and even has hair!!!
And I found out that my doctor (who is due one week after me) is going to be induced on May 8th. She is giving me the option to be induced in the beginning of May so that she can deliever me...but we've decided we'd rather go the au natural way and wait for labor to begin when it's the right time. It's definitely tempting since it would be convenient to know the exact day my baby is going to be born, but I want God to choose Peanut's birthday rather than me (but if I'm over a week late, I will be happy to be induced!). And I'm not that concerned that my doctor may not deliver me since there are a few other doctors in the practice that will be prepared to take over if need be. But hopefully I'll come early!

Here is one of my new favorite baby gifts sent all the way from Northern Ireland from my dear friend Sharon McClaughlin. Thanks wee woman!



No comments:

Post a Comment