Grace is 18 days old today...wow how time flies. These past few weeks have been such an amazing combination of happy tears, sad tears, highs and lows, sleep deprivation, snuggling with my baby, changing what seems to be 100 diapers a day (she poops a lot), and spending wonderful moments with Michael and my family. It was such a huge blessing to have my mom, sister and dad come out. Auntie Em was here for about a week and Grantpa was here for just 3 days since he had to get back to his schooling. Emily is such a great Auntie and she's going to be such a wonderful mother someday too. We had lots of fun, especially laughing at the middle-aged pool party people at my apartment complex. There are some interesting folks down here in Alabama...and they like to party with their beer cans in the pool on Wednesday nights. And having my Pops here was so fun too...his stay just seemed too short! My mom was here for 2 weeks and she just left yesterday. I have never appreciated my momma more! Not only am I amazed that she raised all three of us Goodeve kids (and I was a little monster most of my childhood), but she is an awesome grandmother as well. I would get so teary sometimes just watching her hold and stare at Grace. It's definitely going to be WAY harder than I imagined to have a baby and be so far away from my family. I'm hoping/praying/wishing that we can someday move closer to the Northwest...but I need to trust God's plans for us even if that means we remain living thousands of miles away.
But back to Grace...
she is doing great! She even slept for 4 hours straight in her pack n' play a few nights in a row. It was so nice to be able to sleep in my own bed for a bit. She is also eating well (even though she falls asleep almost every time she feeds) and hopefully she'll be back at her birth weight by tomorrow's pediatrician appointment. I love her so much and can't get over how beautiful she is...I could stare at her forever!
Here are some photos of the past week:
3 Generations: Katie, Grace, and Ducky
Katie she is just BEAUTIFUL! Keep the updates comin' mama!
ReplyDeleteOhhhhhhh Katie -- she's looks like you! Tears (of joy) well then slide down my cheeks.
ReplyDeleteMac stuck his tongue out a lot.
I must meet Grace. I *will* met her!
Love you soooooooo much!
Regina
Grace is GORGEOUS. So, so beautiful. And if you have questions, or just need someone to say, "Uh, huh, I hear you sister" as you explain that your nipples REALLY hurt, I'm here for you. Brookeporajk@gmail.com. Keep up the good work mom!
ReplyDeleteyou are putting that camera to good use! she is so precious. so happy that you got to spend some time with your fam! :)
ReplyDeleteshe is sooo pretty, I can't get over it- she's simply perfect! so glad your mom was able to stay for a bit. keep taking pictures and video's, the newborn stage goes by so quick! you're doing great hot momma! xoxo
ReplyDelete