I am sooooo ready to have this baby! Only 5 days until the official due date...and I am praying for a few things specifically: (1) to go into labor on or before my due date (2) if I am late, that God will give me patience to continue waiting to meet my son or daughter (I am not naturally very patient, so I need all the help I can get!) (3) that the baby will be healthy and happy :)
I have my final appointment with my doctor on Thursday since she is being induced on Saturday. If I don't go into labor before tomorrow, then she is going to set me up with another doctor in the practice and they will take care of me through my delivery. It will be a little weird being with a new doctor that I've never met, but I really like the OBGYN practice I go to, so I'm sure all the docs are great.
I'm feeling pretty good. I really have nothing to complain about since I've had an easy pregnancy (besides the morning sickness of the 1st trimester). I do have practice contractions ALL the time...I'm just waiting for them to become really painful and then I'll know they are the real thing. And I'm tempted to try people's claims of natural ways to induce labor, but the more I read about things like castor oil (which apparently gives you horrible diarrhea), I think I'll just wait. I have heard pineapple can help jumpstart labor...so I bought a big Dole pineapple and am gonna carve it up today!
Thanks friends and family for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll post pics a.s.a.p. after Peanut has arrived!!!
Katie. THIS IS IT!!!! I'll make sure to pray for you and your little peanut. Cannon was 5 days late and then POW my water broke...And the rest is history. I can't wait to read..."It's a...". I think it's soooo very cool that you're waiting to find out, and it totally helps with pushing, or so I thought so. YOU CAN DO THIS! XOXO
ReplyDeleteDear Katie, I have been checking your blog daily for any baby news!...will say a prayer that all goes well and soon! ~Mary I.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Hard to believe Ninja Mac will be a dad!