I was nearly 2 days overdue and I had eaten a lot of pineapple and walked many miles around my neighborhood to try to bring on labor. So I was relieved when I started having real contractions (vs. the amazing amount of Braxton Hicks I was having the last 2 months of pregnancy) at 4am on April 20. I labored at home during the morning and early afternoon and then checked into the hospital at about 4pm. I was only 3cm dilated, so my midwife broke my water around 6pm, I had an epidural around 6:30pm, and then started feeling an amazing amount of pressure down under around 7:30pm (the epidural was definitely not as strong as it was with Grace). They checked me again and I was 10cm dilated and ready to push! However, my midwife was tending to another patient, so I had to wait almost 30 mins. A little after 8pm I started pushing and I think after less than 5 mins, I popped out an almost 9lb baby boy!
My mom (a.k.a. Ducky) was able to watch the birth, which was so special! The whole birthing process really is a miracle.
Right after the epidural. You women who give birth au natural are my heroines...how the heck to do you take the pain?! I'm a wimp!
The next morning Grace became more enamored with baby Mac. She is a little mama and likes to kiss the top of his head, pat him, and lay lots of blankets on him.
Admiring his big sister.
We love you Mac and are so thankful that God has blessed us with a beautiful baby boy!
We love you Mac and are so thankful that God has blessed us with a beautiful baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment