Grace celebrated her 4 month birthday on September 8th. She is getting so big! At her 4 month appointment she was in the 50th percentile in height, weight, and head circumference. She is 24.5 inches tall and weighs 13 pounds 11 ounces. She is definitely a solid baby, not skinny like Michael and I were (I never even made the growth charts until I was a toddler). I love chunky babies, so I'm happy that she has some meat on her bones!
She was sleeping great for months...but then about a week ago it all changed. She will no longer sleep on her back! For about a week she would wake up every 20-30 minutes all throughout the night. So both she and I were pretty much zombies for about 6 days straight. Poor little Grace was so overly tired that she wouldn't nap during the day. Even though I know it is considered a no-no to put a baby on his/her back to sleep nowadays, I just wanted to try Grace on her tummy to see how she slept. It worked like a charm...8 hours straight! Although we are both sleeping much better, I haven't really slept too soundly because I am constantly getting up to check on her. But she seems to love her new sleeping position and she is definitely strong enough to lift herself up with her arms and even flip over. So I will just continue to pray over her every night! She seems so much happier during the day now that she is getting uninterrupted sleep. Hallelujah!
Grace has been making some really great facial expressions lately and has even begun to giggle! Here are a few of Grace's faces...
Concerned:
Flirtatious:
Surprised:
Excited:
Confused...or constipated:
Happy!!!
seriously love all of her cute faces. especially her smile. it gets bigger and more expressive with ever post.
ReplyDelete