October 3, 2011

We Got to Play Dress-Up!

Michael and I went to his Air Force Ball/Gala this Saturday. It was so much fun! I loved getting dressed up, putting on extra makeup, and wearing high heels (although I was cursing my high heels by the end of the night since my feet were practically numb).
As we made out way down to the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta, I was sort of expecting the night to be dull and boring with a bunch of speeches, salutes, and rules. Boy was I wrong! Air Force people party harder than any group of people I've ever met. I was laughing most of the night and loved all of the theatrics of the grog bowl (a place in the middle of the banquet hall where Airmen are sent to drink if they commit an infraction...like throwing dinner rolls, looking at someone the wrong way, etc.). And the dancing at the end of the night was a sight to see. I was quite impressed with the caliber of dance moves I saw on the floor...especially from Michael!
We had a wonderful time! But of course we were so happy to come home and see our little lady curled up in her crib.
The handsome and dapper Major McLain sporting his military tux.





The fun, crazy, hilarious Medical Evacuation Unit.

No, my belly isn't that big because I drank too many beers...I'm 12 weeks pregnant!!!

6 comments:

  1. I COULD'NT BE MORE PROUD!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COUPLE! DASHING MAJOR MICHAEL AND GORGEOUS KATIE!!! COUPLE OF THE YEAR!!! THE CENTURY!!!

    oh...and mac and kaitlyn, vic and emily, roger and lucy, frank and joan, grant and debbie, piper and gilly, michelle and barack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeek! Congrats ~ What great news! You look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo fancy and soooooo gorgeous! A HUGE congrats on your latest caboose to the McClain Train! So exciting! I hope you're feeling well. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks DeeDee, Brooke, and Pops! We're pretty pumped!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy for you guys! Miss you all so much! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katezo's!!!! How did I miss this??? Congrats!!!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete